Roles & Responsibilities
Chairing Board Meetings will involve; the determination of the agenda; ensuring that the board receives accurate, timely and clear information; ensuring that all directors are involved in discussions and decision making; direct discussions towards the emergence of a consensual view and sum up discussion so that everyone understands what has been agreed.
Build a relationship with the CEO which will at different times be, mentor, challenger, supporter, and catalyst for ideas.
Build a relationship with the key investors to fully understand their investment thesis; timescales; and practical help that they can give the Company.
- Chair board meetings
- Able to build good relationships with the CEO, executives, board members and key investors
Specialist knowledge, skills & experience
- Significant, considerable, direct, hands on experience of being an executive in a fast growing small or mid-sized business like NM
- Significant, considerable experience of being the CEO of such businesses
- Have experience and understanding of the challenges faced by NM as it recruits personnel at all levels
- Be familiar with the issues around scaling a business; particularly the challenge of ‘cost before revenue’ in new product growth
- Previous experience in sectors adjacent to NM, though not necessarily in a laboratory-based business
- Be mission driven and be inspired by NM’s purpose of protecting biodiversity
- Be a high quality, thoughtful and insightful adviser
- Experience and insight into building a business which collects and sells data
- Experience of working with similar clients to NM, including large corporates, NGO’s and environmental consultants
- Experience of running a global organisation
- Scientific background
Interpersonal & communication skills
- You will have strong verbal and written communication skills and be used to working at a Senior level
- All applicants are legally required to demonstrate the right to work/permission to work in the UK. If a work visa is required, we will provide the necessary support.
Terms and Conditions
- NatureMetrics is based at Surrey Research Park, Guildford. Board meetings are held both online and in person at least once per quarter.
Working pattern and hours
- Sufficient time to devote to the role (estimated as 20-24 days per annum).
Length of appointment