Roles & Responsibilities
- Establishing key partnerships and strong networks with companies in the infrastructure industry.
- Develop business opportunities in the sector, including running workshops for stakeholders and providing training on how DNA-based tools can be integrated into monitoring strategies.
- Assist the sector manager with customer account management for clients operating in the sector in different regions of the world, which includes consulting on survey design and ensuring timely delivery of projects by coordinating with the laboratory and operations teams.
- Train clients in the collection of eDNA samples. This may occasionally include joining survey teams in the field in remote locations.
- Work with our business development team, Research Scientists and Statistician to advise clients on sampling design.
- Work with the NatureMetrics operations team to ensure supply of sampling equipment to clients and to procure relevant permits to work and export samples where necessary.
- Establish and maintain a working relationship with key partners and subcontractors.
- Work with the wider business development team within NatureMetrics to develop opportunities with the largest clients operating internationally.
- Maintain regular communications with the NatureMetrics team, always complying with our policies and procedures and upholding our standards and the core elements of our brand.
- Build strong relationships with partners, collaborators and clients in the sector
- Engage closely with the wider team to stay up to date with projects.
- Work with our marketing team to assist with the production of online content and training materials
Education & qualities
- No specific level of education is required but at least a BSc is preferable
Specialist knowledge, skills & experience
- Experience working with clients, consulting, project management and engagement in the infrastructure sector
- A background in ecology, biodiversity science, conservation, environmental management or similar
- Attention to detail, excellent communication and presentation skills
It would also be an advantage to have:
- Experience in the mining & extractives industry
- Experience in negotiating commercial contracts
- An existing network of stakeholders in the extractives industry
- Experience working on environmental impact assessment projects
- An understanding of environmental DNA and metabarcoding would be advantageous but not essential
- Experience in science outreach activities and education
Interpersonal & communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills are vital
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to cultivate strong and lasting relationships
- All applicants are legally required to demonstrate the right to work/permission to work in the UK.